KPTCL, Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Ltd. is a Power distribution company owned by Karnataka State established on June 28th, 1999 under the Companies Act, 1956. It has a share capital of 2182.32 crores. After its establishment, it was changed to the Transmission and Distribution company of Karnataka Electricity Board. KPTCL consists of 12 directors which are headed by Chairman & Managing director and assisted by four functional directors.
Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Ltd has five 400 Kv stations, hundred and five 220 Kv stations, four hundred and twenty-three 110 Kv stations, and 657 - 66 Kv stations. The Total Transmission Line in Circuit KM is 36858 as of 2019.
KPTCL releases the notification to hire for various posts like Finance, Technical, and Non-Technical in the Power Corporation.
- Assistant Executive Engineer (AEE)
- Personal Assistant (JPA)
- Sub Station Attendant Assistant (SSAA)
- Junior Lineman (JL)
- Assistant Engineer (AE)
- Junior Engineer (JE)
- Asst. Accounts Officer (AAO)
- Junior Station Attendant (JSA)
KPTCL Age Relaxation
The age limit of candidates who are applying for KPTCL must lie between 18 years to 35 years, for IIA, IIB, IIIA, and IIIB categories it is relaxed to 38 years and the applicants of SC/ST category is 40 years.
KPTCL Exam Pattern
Paper-2 : Language / Computer Test
KPTCL Exam Syllabus
KPTCL Exam Centers
Bengaluru, Mangaluru, Davanagere, Belagavi, Mysore, Hubli, Ballari, Kalaburgi (Gulbarga)
KPTCL Selection Process
The KPTCL exam has two stages of selection process
- Written Exam
- Personal Interview
KPTCL Application Fee
KPTCL Cut-Off Marks
KPTCL Salary Structure
KPTCL Trainee Apprentice Stipend Structure
Karnataka Power Transmission has various allowances discussed below.
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- City Compensation Allowance
- Cash Duty Allowance
- Special Pay (Mechanic, Driver, Lineman)
- Personal Allowance (Mechanic, Driver, Lineman)
- Shift Allowance
- Phone Bill Allowance
- Hill Allowance
- Specialized Work Allowance
- Washing Allowance
- Convey Allowance
- Camp Allowance for Hotline Staff
- Advance Salary on request
- Momento on retirement
- Leave Travel Concession
- Medical Allowance
- Accident Grant
- Payment of Ex Gratia for Funeral Allowances
KPTCL Career Growth
The promotion cycle of KPTCL is based on the performance of a candidate starting from a career.
- Assistant Engineer
- Assistant Executive Engineer
- Executive Engineer
- Superintending Engineer
- Chief Engineer
KPTCL Roles and Responsibilities
- In the training period the candidates need to understand the various aspects of work such as the functioning of departmental ground units and procedures.
- If Shift jobs in stations are there then the candidates need to maintain the field work and majorly rely on the testing but not directly contact the public.
- Maintenance of KV, LV, Substation lines, meter testing, technically assisting, and getting into direct contact with the public.
KPTCL Previous Years Papers
Download Jr. Powerman Exam Model question Paper - Download
Download KPTCL Microbiology Previous Question Papers - Download
Download KPTCL Aptitude Test Previous Exam Papers - Download
KPTCL Junior Engineer Solved Papers - Download
KPTCL Assistant Engineer Sample Papers - Download
Get in touch with the ACE Online team for the best study materials and guidance on KPTCL Exam.
For better guidance, Take the help of ACE Online.
For more suggestions and preparation strategies, Follow our blog. ALL THE BEST
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more updates https://bit.ly/3I1PDWs
For simple and smooth learning follow us on Facebook https://bit.ly/3uUG47W
Easy to learn, simple to remember follow us on Instagram https://bit.ly/3oTntVU
Download our android app to receive updates https://bit.ly/3HY20CS
Connect with knowledge - To Download our windows app https://bit.ly/3LGyVOg
Think bigger, Learn Smarter, Download our iOS app https://apple.co/3LFzwzO
ACE Online Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.