Union Public Service Commission Engineering Service Exam, UPSC ESE conducted once a year to provide a Job Opportunity for engineering graduates to get into PSUs. ESE 2023 Exam Date is Out and only Two months left for the exam. ESE Exam Preparation is different from GATE Exam. To crack ESE Exam on the first attempt students need to develop a strategy for the upcoming ESE Exam. Here we are providing the previous year's exam analysis to help in your Preparation.
How to Analyse ESE Previous Year Papers?
In ESE Paper there will be three types of questions asked without depending on the subjects as per the previous year's papers.
- Some of the topics will be asked from last year's papers - the question is on the same topic but not the same question.
- Some of the previous questions are twisted and will be asked in a different format.
- There are new questions will be asked in the remaining questions.
Why to analyze ESE previous year's question papers?
If you analyze the ESE previous year's question papers then you’ll get an idea of
- To get an idea of the type of questions has been asked on each subject.
- To about the most repeating and important topics on which questions are asking
- To get an idea of the ability to identify what to read and how to read.
ESE Previous Year Cut-off Analysis
ESE 2021 Prelims Cut off
ESE 2020 Prelims Cut off
ESE 2019 Prelims Cut-off
ESE Prelims Cut-off 2018
ESE Prelims Cut-Off 2017
UPSC ESE General Abilities and General Studies Paper Analysis
According to the expert faculty, the ESE Exam was
- Every year the level of ESE Exam Paper 1 was Moderate to tough or Easy to Moderate.
- Current Affairs play an important role in Exam Weightage.
- Most of the questions in the General Abilities paper were asked from the Engineering Mathematics & Aptitude i.e, around 15 Questions will be asked.
UPSC ESE/IES Prelims Exam Strategy
UPSC ESE Prelims Exam is a main part of the whole process. In the prelims exam, students should have to cover the Technical and Non-Technical Subjects. Many students fail just because of ignoring non-technical subjects by focusing only on Technical subjects. Giving less importance to the Non-technical Subjects works on ESE Mains Exam but not on the prelims.
Cover the entire syllabus for Prelims
In ESE Prelims Exam, there is no fixed way of asking questions. Questions can be asked from any topic from any subject, and the number of questions asked also varies every year. So, be well prepared on every topic.
Current affairs in ESE Prelims
ESE Prelims Paper has at least 10 questions on the subject of current affairs. Cover at least 4 to 6 months of current affairs for the exam. Usually, CA topics from summits, sports, awards, environmental issues, etc., will be asked in the exam.
Focus on Aptitude
Aptitude is part of both Prelims and Mains Exams. A good foundation in basics and continuous practice can help you clear the cutoff easily.
Focus on the scoring subjects - Every subject has some set of topics that structure a lot of the questions in paper two Focus on strengthening and covering these subjects first to get well score. E.g. in Electrical Engineering, Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems, Analog Electronics, and EMI collectively make up 1/2 of the query paper.
Mocks- Give full-length jeer assessments to boost time and paper management skills. During the remaining three months to Prelims, make certain that you give at least three full-length mocks each and every weak.
We hope this article helps you find your strategy for GATE success. Stay tuned to read more such informative blogs to ace your preparation and post-exam life. Happy learning!
Prepare well and set your mind free from stress because hard work alone gives you a cut to it. So, Keep your mind calm and prepare smartly.
For more suggestions and preparation strategies, Follow our blog. ALL THE BEST
ACE Online Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.