SSC CHSL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level) exam is one of the most sought-after competitive exams in India for candidates aspiring to secure government jobs. With its comprehensive syllabus and challenging nature, it requires diligent preparation and a well-structured strategy to crack it successfully. If you are planning to appear for the SSC CHSL 2023 exam, this article is here to guide you through the preparation process with effective tips and strategies.
In this article, we will delve into valuable insights, techniques, and recommended study approaches to help you maximize your preparation efforts and boost your chances of scoring well in the SSC CHSL 2023 Exam. From understanding the SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus to mastering time management skills, we will cover various aspects that will contribute to your overall exam readiness.
Whether you are a first-time aspirant or have attempted the exam in the past, this article aims to provide you with actionable tips that can help enhance your performance. So, let's dive in and explore the SSC CHSL 2023 preparation tips and strategies that can set you on the path to success.
Candidates appearing for the SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination should have a proper plan. Every year lakhs of candidates compete for these jobs. To excel in this exam and get a job requires well-planned preparation. Follow some preparation tips for candidates writing SSC CHSL 2023 this time. Preparation is important for any exam, if you only have subject knowledge then you cannot clear this exam. The subject knowledge alone is not enough to choose the right solution in the shortest possible time. Correct answers can be selected only through systematic practice.
SSC CHSL 2023 Exam Syllabus
(i) Quantitative Aptitude
(ii) General Intelligence
(iv) General Awareness/General Knowledge
SSC CHSL 2023 Tier 1 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2023 Tier 1
The first step in the selection process is the Tier-1 examination. It will be conducted as a computer-based test in a completely objective manner. It consists of objective-type questions from four sections. One hundred questions, 25 questions each will be asked from English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness sections. The exam will carry two marks for each question for a total of 200 marks. There is a rule of negative marking. Half a mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC CHSL 2023 Tier 2
- A merit list will be prepared based on the merit shown in the Tier-1 examination as per the specific cutoff norms. For them, the second stage. Tier-2 examination will be conducted. This exam consists of two sessions, three sections, and two modules in each section.
- Tier-2 Exam Details... Section-1 in Session-1: In Module-1..Mathematical Abilities 30 Questions – 90 Marks, in Module-2.Reasoning and General Intelligence 30 Questions – 90 Marks. The exam time is one hour. Section – 2 in Session 1: In Module – 1..English Language and Comprehension 40 Questions – 120 Marks, in Module – 2..General Awareness 20 Questions – 60 Marks. The exam time is one hour. In Session 1 Section – 3: In Module – 1. Computer Knowledge 15 Questions – 45 Marks Test will be conducted. The exam time is 15 minutes.
- Session 2 Section-3: In Module-2.. Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted as Part-A and Part-B. As per Part – A – Candidates for Data Entry Operate posts will have a skill test of 15 minutes duration. As per Part B – Typing test will be conducted for the candidates of LDC and JSA posts for a duration of ten minutes.
- Except for the Skill Test and Typing Test module, all the questions in other sections will be in objective mode. The skill test conducted for the Data Entry Operator posts requires typing 8000 characters per hour on the computer.
- In the typing test conducted for LDC and JSA posts, candidates have to type 35 words per minute in English typing and 30 words per minute in Hindi typing. Candidates for Data Entry Operator posts are given an English page and asked to type it on the computer.
SSC CHSL 2023 Tier 1 Important points
- SSC CHSL usually has some repeating questions every year. General Knowledge can be high scoring if these topics are identified.
- More questions are asked on the basics of mathematics. So learning basic principles is necessary rather than complex principles.
- Current Affairs is very important for SSC CHSL Exam Preparation. By making your own notes you can answer current affairs without mistakes.
SSC CHSL Subject Wise Preparation Tips
If you want to excel in this section. you have to master basic grammar. In the same way, awareness should be increased on topics like antonyms, synonyms, idioms and phrases, sentence improvement, active/passive voice, direct-indirect speech, spelling, and spotting errors. General Intelligence There is a chance to score good marks if you master the series (number/alphanumeric) section, analogies, add men out, syllogism, matrix, direction, word formation, blood relations, non-verbal (water image, mirror image), coding and decoding topics.
To excel in this section which tests the mathematical skills of the candidates, one should practice a large number of questions on simple interest, compound interest, profit and loss, profit and loss, and percentages. Similarly, questions related to Trigonometry, Algebra, Geometry, Data Interpretation, Time and Work, and Time and Distance should be mastered.
In general awareness, national and international contemporary topics should be focused on general science, economics, history, geography, and politics. Regarding history, one should read the history of modern India with a special focus on the moments of freedom struggle. In the case of geography one should know about natural resources like rivers and mountains. Economics should focus on recent key developments in the financial and commercial sectors. Master the important vocabulary related to the respective sections.
CHSL candidates should find current affairs very important. Apart from this, important persons, dates, conferences, meetings, resolutions, awards-winners, etc. should be kept up to date in Stock GK.
Preparation Plan for SSC CHSL 2023
Make a Time Table: What to Read First for Exam Preparation
There should be a definite timetable as to when and how much time should be allotted to each subject. Your success depends on the preparation and following of that timetable.
Focus on Concepts: Rather than reading too much material. Note down the necessary concepts and prepare them. Learn the concept while practicing the repeated questions. It is very important to score repeated concepts.
Self-Assessment: You should assess yourself regularly, regardless of what you say to anyone. Model paper every four days. Finding the difference in marks. They should prepare for any concept week. There is no master beyond self-assessment.
Mock Tests: Mock Tests play an important role in SSC CHSL preparation. Each exam contains 10 to 15 percent repeated questions or concepts. These can be learned with little difficulty. These will increase the marks. These can be easily achieved by writing mock tests.
ACE Online Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.